We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.

However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.

How do I make a complaint?

To make a complaint in the first instance please write (see Contact Details tab above for address) ,email or speak with the practice at: [email protected]

Please see our complaints leaflet for more information.

Complaints Leaflet

DRHC Complaints Response

Once we have received your complaint we aim to resolve this as quickly as possible. We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three days and respond after investigation within ten working days where possible.

Making a complaint will not affect your ongoing healthcare at the practice.

We will deal with you fairly, compassionately and wish to resolve the situation to a satisfactory conclusion.

Whenever possible, we aim to learn from the complaint and take action so that the same event does not happen again.

This is a completely confidential process, however, we may share your complaint with other healthcare services if they were involved. This may include hospitals, social care or community health services to assist with resolving the complaint and addressing the issues raised.

Can I take my complaint to the Integrated Care Board (ICB)?

Patients cannot raise the same complaint with the practice and the ICB.

If you have a complaint about primary care, you can then take this to the Integrated Care Board (ICB):

Tel: 0115 883 9570 or Email: [email protected] 

By post:

Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Integrated Care Board

Sir John Robinson House

Sir John Robinson Way




Complaints should be made as soon as possible, up to one year after the event.

Anyone can make a complaint on your behalf as long as you have given them permission.

If you would like further information please follow the link to the ICB website: Patient Experience and Complaints – NHS Nottingham and Nottinghamshire ICB

Can I get help and support?

Yes. Support can be provided by POhWER who are an independent organisation offering help and support when making an NHS Complaint. They can assist with writing letters, telephone calls and offer support through the complaints process.  Tel: 0300 020 0093/0300 456 2370 or Email [email protected] 

Patients continue to have the right to escalate their complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman (see below) should they not be satisfied with the practice or ICB initial response.

What if I am not satisfied?

If you are not happy with the outcome provided by the practice or the ICB, then you can contact the Health Service Ombudsman to investigate your case.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman,

Millbank Tower, Millbank, LONDON  SW1P 4QP

Helpline 0345 015 4033

Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm | Friday 8.30am to 12pm