Appointment Text Reminders
Each year, thousands of patients miss their appointments simply because they forget when it is. Text reminders have been proven to substantially reduce the number of missed appointments and is a FREE service which started in February 2009. It is hoped that this will help to reduce the number of missed appointments and therefore improve appointment availability for patients.
How do I get these 'Mobile Text Message Reminders'?
- Talk to any of our reception staff who will gladly enable you for this service whilst you wait.
- Complete the form below and we will take care of everything for you. (Please allow up to 3 working days)
If completing the form below please ensure you complete all the questions marked *
We recommend you double check the Mobile telephone number entered to avoid text messages potentially being sent to the wrong recepient.
- By completing this form you agree to give us consent to contact you by 'text message' only on the number provided.
- The details provided will be kept confidential and only available to NHS healthcare staff as part of your care record.
- Text message reminders are usually FREE to receive, however if you are outside the UK at the time you may be charged depending on your service provider and the tariff you are on. Please note, we are not responsible for any charges you may incur for receiving text messages whilst you are outside the UK resulting from uncancelled appointments.
This service is provided directly by the NHS not DRHC thus we cannot guarantee its availability 100%.
If you wish to register for this messaging service please fill out the consent form.